Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Day 19 And Counting - Eliminating The "Famine" Periods!

Tomorrow will be 20 days into the project, and we haven't acquired a single client from our first mailing. I'm not really nervous or disappointed in our progress so far; if you've been following the blog, you know that we didn't really get our mailing out until a few days ago; illness and family matters interfered with the smooth launch of the project. All of my entrepreneurial life, I've experienced many periods of the proverbial "feast or famine." One reason I am excited about launching this project is that with the success of the project I hope to finally eliminate those "famine" periods.

When I was by myself of course I could handle the "down" times of the entrepreneurial life more easily (or at least I thought I was handling those valleys - as I look back they probably were harder on me than I admitted at those times). Now, with a 3-year old, 8 year old and 10 year old asking for dollars every minute and bills hitting the mailbox on a monthly basis, those short money periods hit especially hard.

I believe that on December 31, 2006, when I count up the cash totals from our six-month project, one by-product of its success is that we'll kiss those "famine" periods goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home