Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hooking Up New Blog Promotional Tools!

Every day you learn something new. I read an article on blogging by Brent Leary in the Black Pages Monthly Newspaper and picked up info on two excellent blog marketing tools: Feedblitz and Feedburner. One tool allows subscribers to receive your new blog posts automatically through their e-mail addresses; the other turns your blog into an online feed that can contain your blog posts, photos and other add-ins, allows you to track your blog visitors and does a great deal more.

I've had this blog over five years now; when I originally started it on Blogger, I posted entries sporadically, which I hear is true of most bloggers because I really didn't understand what a blog was and how I could use it effectively as a communications tool and journal. As a columnist, I've written thousands of words intended for a one-way communcation between myself and an audience I thought would be interested in what I wrote. Now I see that a blog can be much more effective communications tool than a column can ever be, because through a blog, you can create an interactive communications link between yourself and a much wider audience than could ever be reached with a column in one or even one hundred newspapers. Through these new promotional tools, I can share my ideas, tips and strategies and people can comment, send me feedback and ideas that enrich me and hopefully everyone who follows my blog.

My project is providing me an opportunity to do with this blog what I always wanted to do with my columns: create a dialogue about business development, wealth creation and success that can really have a far-ranging impact.

Day 16 total: $0.00 income so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home