Monday, July 17, 2006

Building The Client List - Tips And Strategies

A client that pays you for what you do or sell - the paying client is the engine that drives any successful business enterprise. A painful lesson I've learned - clients that don't pay aren't clients, they are liabilities that will kill your spirit and sink your business aspirations.

How can we identify, entice and capture clients that can and will pay us for our services or products? In launching my project, I know I have to use what Jay Conrad Levinson calls Guerilla Marketing strategies to build my client base, since I don't have any money yet to create or purchase newspaper ad space or tv/radio time.

I'm studying Levinson's Guerilla Marketing book and website. Seth Godin is a marketing guru who seems to be well-regarded, so I'm reading his blog. Shel Horowitz (Frugal Marketing) and Robert Allen (Multiple Streams Of Income) are two other sources from which I'm culling tips and strategies. I want to learn as many helpful ideas as I can.

More on our client list development in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home