Tuesday, October 23, 2001

Daily Posts: Planning The Million Dollar Business


I've always contended that a dream without a plan is just a fantasy. For me, as I suspect for many other people, the problem has always been that we think we are planning something when we are actually just winging it.

How success is achieved seems to me to be a mystery to most of us, even those who have achieved great success. We attribute our success to luck, being in the right place at the right time, or other factors that are seemingly random, serendipitous and out of our control. And even though we go through a process of developing and implementing a plan, no less a prestigious magazine than Forbes Magazine says that in the end, it's really just all about dumb luck.

I don't believe that. I believe you can analyze situations and circumstances in your life as well as your own skills and talents and devise a strategy to profit from them. I believe that while you can't control the events in the world surrounding your life, you can control your reactions and responses to those events. In fact, I believe that controlling responses to life's events is a critical skill that every successful person possesses, whether they admit it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home